About the event
We are delighted to announce the first Dermoscopy | World Day 2024 on Saturday, May 11th, 2024.
The International Dermoscopy Society joined with Non-invasive Skin Imaging Groups and Partner Societies worldwide, invites you to explore the frontiers of Dermoscopy and to disseminate its knowledge beyond traditional borders.
Organized by the International Dermoscopy Society (IDS) in partnership with the Non-Invasive Skin Imaging Group of Partner Societies globally:
- International Trichoscopy Society
- Japan Society for Skin Structure Research of the Japanese Dermatology Association
- ICNI Group (Non-Invasive Skin Imaging Group of the French Society of Dermatology) of the Société Française de Dermatologie
- AIDNID (Associazione Italiana di Diagnostica Non Invasiva in Dermatologia), of Italy
- Moroccan Society of Dermatology
- MEIDAM Middle East International Dermatology & Aesthetic Medicine Association
- Sharm Derma
- Giuseppe Argenziano (Chair) is Full Professor and Head of the Dermatology Unit at the University of Campania, Naples, Italy; Co-founder and past president of the International Dermoscopy Society; and Editor-in-Chief of Dermatology Practical and Conceptual Journal. His main research field is dermato-oncology, being the author of 700+ scientific articles and books concerning dermoscopy, melanoma, and non-melanoma skin cancer.
- Dr. Aimilios Lallas is an Associate Professor of Dermatology at the Medical School of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He has specialized and deals mainly with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of skin cancer and the management and monitoring. Dr Lallas is currently the President of the International Dermoscopy Society.
- Prof. Philippe Bahadoran is a distinguished figure in dermatology and oncology, holding board certifications in both disciplines and a PhD in Cell Biology. He currently serves as Professor of Histology at the University Hospital of Nice. An esteemed member of the EADV Project Proposal Review Committee and Associate Editor for the British Journal of Dermatology, Prof. Bahadoran’s contributions to the field are further underscored by his extensive publication record.
- Prof. John Paoli is Head of the Department of Dermatology and Venereology at the University of Gothenburg (Sweden). His research focuses on the prevention, epidemiology, early diagnosis, and optimal management of melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers. He holds leading positions with the International Dermoscopy Society, the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, and the European Society of Micrographic Surgery.
- Prof. Elisa Cinotti is an Associate Professor at the University Hospital of Siena, Italy. After finishing her residencies at the University of Genoa and the University Hospital of Saint-Etienne, France, her work now focuses on cutaneous non-invasive imaging and in particular on Reflectance Confocal Microscopy. She has published over 170 peer-reviewed articles, most of them about dermatologic imaging.
- Awatef Kelati (Scientific Organizer) Prof. Awatef Kelati is an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Mohammed VI University of Sciences and Health and a practicing dermatologist at University Hospitals in Casablanca, Morocco. A prominent figure in dermatoscopy, she contributes to the International Society of Dermoscopy's Task Force on Skin of Color and is a board member of the French Society of Dermatology's Non-invasive Skin Imaging Group. Prof. Kelati is noted for her research in dermoscopy, particularly in skin color and hair disorders.
Scientific Program. Our scientific program provides comprehensive insights into dermoscopy’s application across various skin conditions and types. Expertise and innovative contributions from our partners are key to enriching this symposium’s dialogue.
Dermoscopy for Everyone.
Delve into the latest findings and insights presented in the Journal Dermatology Practical and Conceptual, and explore the innovative projects and perspectives from the International Dermoscopy Society (IDS) that are making dermoscopy accessible to all.
Dermoscopy in Pigmented Lesions.
Discover how dermoscopy is transforming the way we diagnose and manage facial pigmented lesions, uncovering a deeper understanding of skin health and aesthetics.
Diagnosis of Skin Cancer.
Join the crucial mission of improving the early detection and diagnosis of skin cancer through the lens of dermoscopy, a powerful tool in the fight against this prevalent disease.
Dermoscopy in Skin of Colors.
Delight in the rich tapestry of skin tones as we explore how dermoscopy is tailored to meet the unique needs and challenges presented by diverse skin types and colors.
We look forward to your active participation and to fostering partnerships that will continue to enhance patient care on a global scale.
Prof. Awatef Kelati
Scientific Organizer of the Dermoscopy | World Day 2023
International Dermoscopy Society
University Hospital Cheikh Khalifa, Mohammed VI